Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Making Room for Baby Part 1 - Before and the Plans

Well, time got away from me and our little bundle of joy is here!  Trenton Anthony arrived on Thursday, Nov. 17 at 5:20 p.m.  He weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz.  I will post more about his arrival later and tell you how I went to work anyway even though I knew I was in labor!    Three weeks prior to his arrival, I had done absolutely nothing to the nursery since my daughter last occupied it 3 years ago - she has been in her big girl room since she was two.  So here is what we were dealing with:



As you can see this was pretty much a catch all of sorts over the last three years.  So besides clearing out the clutter I have to revamp for a boy.


I did quite a lot with her room.  She had a little wall art, an accent wall and I had some basic decorations including her own bedding set and quilt that I made for her.  So, what to do for this baby? I must say - boys are harder to decorate for.  My hubby is the first boy I have ever lived with so to say I don't know anything about boys is an understatement.  I do have three nephews but I'm still somewhat clueless.  So this will be my first effort in decorating a room for a boy's taste.  So here are the fabrics I have chosen so far for his quilt and crib bedding.


I saw the car fabric on Etsy in various shops but when I saw it in a grouping with the chocolate argyle - I was sold.  My hubby loves argyle so I thought that would be a neat accent for the room.  So here is a list of things I plan to do for the nursery:

  • make crib quilt
  • 5 more receiving blankets (I have a few from Laila that were gender neutral that will reuse) - done
  • recover that hideous tan glider
  • Paint the room (leaning toward ice/turquoise blue and chocolate - hubs job!) - done
  • Make a new diaper bag for me - done
  • make a diaper clutch - done
  • make a nursing cover - done
  • make a little box pleated bag to hold diaper bag essentials
  • make buy a window treatment for the nursey
  • make a tummy time quilt (basketball fabric or blue and brown polka dots)
  • Make a car seat cover (Michael Miller Fabric) - done
  • Curtains for Laila's room - ok so this is not baby related but I really want to get them done soon 
And this is simply a list of stuff I want to make.  I'm not even talking about washing all the hand me down clothes we have been blessed with, reorganizing the closet and the other nesting things that need to be done still.  But I am feeling motivated and have been knocking stuff off the list.  So even though he has arrived, some of these projects will simply turn into maternity leave projects.  I will update as I get things done and post pics of completed projects and tell you where I got my inspiration. Stay tuned...


Be blessed,
Corynne

No comments:

Post a Comment