Monday, January 9, 2012

Making Room For Baby - Part 3 Diaper Strap and Car Seat Cover

Happy New Year!  The holidays are over but I am still rolling through the baby posts!  I will tackle my goals for the new year in a separate post soon - I have a few! God was good in 2011 and I can't wait to see what He has in store for us in 2012!

Car Seat Cover
Our little guy is seven weeks old now and has been riding in style with his car seat cover. We used the car seat we had for his sister (it was very neutral) and just gave it his own flair with this fabric from Michael Miller...


The peek-a-boo hole!

The underside - nice and dark, perfect for promoting sleep!

The fabric is Zoology in Sea which I loved but for some reason, didn't want the whole nusery in it.  I did buy some extra fabric to make a quilt later.  The lining is Kona cotton in Slate. This cover has worked out well and despite the cold and Trent being so young, I don't mind taking him out because it is a great deterrent to strangers breathing on him unless I want them to! Not to mention it just keeps the light out so he can sleep while we are out and about.

I used the tutorial for the cover found over at Wannabe Crafty HERE.  I was very pleased with how easy it was to follow.  I chose it because of the peek-a-boo window, which everyone gets a kick out of.  This tutorial made Nicole's Best of 2011 list and she has the cutest tie tute that I plan to tackle for Trent's Easter outfit!


Diaper Strap
The diaper strap was insanely easy and took all of 45 minutes to make.  I found this cute fat quarter at a quilt shop I stumbled upon in California last summer.  The little dump trucks were perfect for a boy and I loved the orange and red.


the back
 The orange botton came from my extensive button collection that I inherited from my mom when she downsized last year.  The strap easily holds 4-5 diapers and the wipes case.  The tutorial is HERE so you can make one yourself!  I will be adding this to my arsenal of potential baby shower gifts.

So these are just a few of the many projects I tackled for my little guy.  In my next baby post - I'll introduce you to Mr. Trent himself!

Linking Here!
Todays Creative Blog
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Craft & Tell

Creative Itch




Be blessed,
Corynne

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are both adorable :)

    I hope you will share at my party, Some Good Stuff: http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-2.html

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! And cute fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete