Thursday, April 19, 2012

Morgan's Quilt

I specialize in baby quilts for a reason.  They are small, they are cute, there are lots of options for design plus my imagination just seems to always be geared toward creating these smaller quilts.  Although I love making them - I am kinda picky about who I give them away to.  I mean, even though I love making them - they can be a lot of work, and any artist wants their work to be appreciated.  I'm just sayin'.  So I was glad to have an opportunity to make one for a lovely couple and their new baby girl. Winnie and Vince are teachers at my school and are a very likeable pair.  Miss Winnie is one of my daughter's favorite people so I was glad to have the chance to  make her a quilt for her own little girl. I asked Winnie what she wanted and she was no help what so ever but I tend to be ok with people like that - that way I can do what I want! LOL!.  Some fellow co-workers told me that their house is very "beige" so I took matters in my own hands and decided to incorporate some color.  I actually finished it while I was on maternity leave and had a friend bring it to them, so I haven't had a chance to meet her yet, but know Miss Morgan is cute as can be cause she has a pretty momma! 


Here is Morgan's quilt. Sorry for the not so great pic - I remembered to photograph it right before it was to be delivered!



Its a very simple pattern that I got from a blog but unfortunately - I can't remember which one!  If I remember I will add the link.  But it is a pretty simple sashed square that I used two charm packs from Moda's Amelia line from last summer to complete.  It is simply sashed with 1 1/2 inch strips of Kona White.  The back was a white on white vine print from my stash.  I bought a third charm pack (I think I only used 8 out of the second one) and will put it with the leftover squares and make one soon for my Etsy shop.  This would make a great scrap quilt or another theme (vintage 30's prints, all one color etc.).  Next time I may even set it on point and see how that turns out.  The possibilities are endless.  Here is the special label I added to the back.  The quilt label police in my quilt guild would be proud.

I have quite a few baby quilts planned - now to find the time.  Summer is coming!

Be blessed,
Corynne



No comments:

Post a Comment