Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Thrifting

I have been on a thrifting kick lately and have scored some pretty neat stuff.  Being 8 months pregnant and the season is changing - I was initially on a mission just to get a couple of long sleeve shirts to get me through til November.  After scoring 2 purple shirts, I swung through the housewares and found some great bowls and plates to add to my collection and create some decorative pedestal stands with.  Check them out.

I just loved these saucers.  I plan to put a little vase or candlestick between them to create mini tiered servers. 
 A glass cheese dome and a compote dish that I will use to make a pedestal.




 Aren't these little glass plates cute?  A lot of people prefer white dishes - I seem to gravitate toward the clear.  Just so many possiblities and they work with any decor. 

Loved these little finger bowls. 

This little compote dish was too cute to pass up. I plan to spray paint the base silver or brushed nickel and use it for candy or mints.

And this little teacup is destined to become a pincusion for my sewing room or to leave upstairs when I am sewing bindings or doing hand work in front of the TV.

As the young lady behind the counter is checking me out and we are discussing my purchases, I spot these beauties nestled inside each other behind the counter on the floor...


When I asked her if they were for sale she said she didn't know but if they were, they shouldn't be behind the counter because they don't hold things for people.  She asked the manager who was standing close by and she said the same thing and asked it I wanted them.  I said sure (I didn't ask how much until afterwards but already knew I wasn't leaving them behind). I love bowls. Turns out the small one was $3 and the large one was $4. According to the date on the sticker, they had just hit the showroom floor that day so it was all about timing - as seems to be the case with all thrifting scores.  So including my two shirts - my total was $23.  Not bad considering my excitement over what I got.

The thrifting bug has hit... and I have a day off to myself next week.  Stay tuned...

Be blessed - Corynne



No comments:

Post a Comment